Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Question

I am collecting childrens books to donate to a program this fall. My question is what books are popular for kids ages 5-10 or so? I don't have any nieces or nephews of that age to ask. I have bought many baby type story books at the dollat tree. But they don't carry many older kid's books. Any ideas of places that would carry books at a discount. Not trying to be cheap. but I would like to be able to donate many books. They have to be brand new.
I think I am getting some energy back after my mom's passing away. Starting to get interested in doing things again. This last two years has taken a lot out of me. lNot that I would ever regret the last two years of taking care of mom (with help from my siblings). But it was draining. I still think of things to tell her, or I take a picture and think, I have to show mom. Not possible. Guess this is normal and it has only been almost two months.
It is gorgeous outside today! 60's. It smells like spring out there. The plants are starting to emerge. It is so nice to go out each day and see the changes!
Well I had better think about getting ready for work. Thank you in advance for any information on the books. Hugs Teresa
 SOON!  But we are seeing some green now!

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad to hear you are getting some energy back. It takes a while. And, sadly, more than twenty years later I still find myself wanting to show things to my father. And wanting to ask him things too.
    Good luck on the book front. I would ask a librarian which books are most popular.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I will take that suggestion. I didn't think of that.
    Other people have told me that they still think of showing/telling the person something years later. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete