Sunday, January 17, 2016

Death

Sometimes death can be good. My mom passed away on saturday. After a 25 month fight with cancer. She lasted far longer then they said she would, even without the chemo that she couldn't tolerate. She had one session of it. Mom had to be the strongest person I know. Even with us siblings going home and crying she stayed strong. In all those months I had never seen her cry. It was all God.s will on how long she lived and how bad the cancer affected her. It was only in the last couple of weeks that she asked us to pray that God takes her soon. Even earlier in the week she mentioned watchiing a movie this weekend. Then friday came and she crashed. She got fluid in her lungs. We were told not to expect her to last the weekend. She was gone by the next morning. I had told her the night before that she doesn't have to be strong anymore. She can go now and see dad again. I am sure that my words wasn't the reason that she passed away that night, but I am sure that they didn't hurt. We do have to thank all of her caregivers (hospice and others) because without them I don't know what we would have done. Peace of mind was so great. Knowing that they were there to watch for things that we didn't know about. Being there to act as a go between with the drs and others. As a family we were there every day. Each taking our turn.
I hope that you and dad are catching up and that you are happy in your new and healthy body mom. I bet you were happy to leave the diseased one behind. Love you mom.

8 comments:

  1. Oh Teresa, I am so sorry, at the same time I am glad she is without pain. She does sound like a strong woman. You are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda. It is almost easier now knowing that she isn't in pain. I hope that I have learned something from her. How to live life even when you are confronted with the worse of it. How to be strong.

      Delete
  2. Heartfelt hugs and oceans of caring. I am so sorry for you, and glad that your mama is at peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It is so much better for her. It was so hard to see her in pain. Even with her having cancer she had so much to teach us.

      Delete
  3. Teresa, So sorry for the loss of your mother. I know she is without pain now. I am sending hug to you. Take time to grief....you will miss your mother forever. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susie. Yes I will always miss her. I feel more at peace now knowing she is with God and also with dad. We still have to get through the funeral. But we will make it.

      Delete
  4. Sending a BIG HUG! I also know what you mean about it a happy time too. The same with my grandma. She was in such pain. She would say, she just wanted to see my grandpa. It was a sad and happy day when she left us.
    I agree the hospice workers are amazing. We were so thankful for the love they showed our family.
    Praying for you,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Carla. Not looking forward to the funeral. But it is a part of life and death. Thank you for the hug and prayers.

    ReplyDelete